Sunday 3 June 2012

A Lesson Learned


I know it has been a while since I’ve posted here… However, in that time I have been working away and I have finally finished my Beignet skirt with Liberty buttons.

I even wore it to a Django Django gig, and after much dancing and jumping around it didn't fall apart!!!  I did take a needle, thread and extra safety pins just in case, but luckily they weren’t needed at all.

I spent a lot of time constructing it, and there was a point where I was convinced it wasn’t going to fit.  I persevered and after altering the lining and sewing on all the buttons it somehow came together.


Now, I have read on many occasions the importance of pre-washing your fabric, and I really should have learned by now not to cut corners, but as you can guess this is something that I have never bothered to do.


Surprise Surprise, the first time I washed my skirt it shrunk!!!!


This time the sewing gods must have taken pity on me, as it now fits even better than before. I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been. I will definitely pre-wash my fabric in the future.


 Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...